sources of inspiration
inspired by others
Isn't it great to be able to learn and be inspired by others? Here are some links that are helping me on my journey to live life with more hope. Maybe they might prove inspirational for you too.
1. The Bible.
2. Chris Guillebeau. Chris was inspired to visit every country in the world and once volunteered for 4 years on the Mercy ship, a hospital ship that provides medical services to the poorest nations in the world. He hopes to empower others to live unconventional but remarkable lives. His buzzwords are: giving and gratitude. Visit him at www.chrisguillebeau.com or read "The $100 Start-Up".
3. Rumi. A 13th century poet who created beautiful poetry: a fave: “You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?”
4. Bethany Hamilton. I first read of this young in 2012 and was moved by her story and faith in God. After losing 60 percent of her blood in a shark attack, she returned to the water only three weeks after the accident to pursue her dream of becoming a pro-surfer. She has since inspired many youths through her faith and has established a foundation to encourage amputees. See www.bethanyhamilton.com
5. Surfing The Nations. Their slogan on website is "Meeting Needs and Changing Lives". These guys head down to the most impoverished countries with waves and help local surfers and inspire them to give back to their communities. Classic case of marrying your passion with loving others. Visit them at www.surfingthenations.com and read their stories.
6. John Muir. My favorite conservationist who helped save many of America's national parks from becoming demolished.